Effective Date: December 1st, 2020
Last Updated: January 29th, 2021
This Policy describes our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing the personal data we may collect from you or that you may provide to us when you visit our Site or use our Services.
This Policy applies to the personal data collected through our Site and Services, whether as a guest, a register user or otherwise and regardless of the country where you are located. Capitalized terms not defined in the Policy have the meanings ascribed in the Terms of Services at http://weav.co/terms-of-service.
The Site or Services may include links or connections to third party E-Commerce Platforms, websites, plug-ins, services, or applications. This Policy does not describe what any such third parties (i.e., Stripe, Shopify or PayPal) might do with your personal information or Customer Data. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow the third party to collect or share data about you or your Customers. We do not control these third party websites, and we encourage you to read this Policy of every website you visit.
We collect and use different types of data from and about you and your Customers including:
- Personal data that we could reasonably use to directly or indirectly identify you or your Customer such as name, title, employer, postal address, email address, telephone number, user name or other similar identifier, government ID or any other identifier we may use to contact you or your Customer online or offline ("personal data").
- Personal data regarding your Order. Such data may include the details of transactions you carry out through our Site and the fulfillment of your Order. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Site.
- Records and copies of your correspondences (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your search queries on the Site or Services.
- Your client’s Customer Data such as their financial information (i.e., bank account, routing information, balances, stocks, investments, and insurance). You are solely responsible and liable for (i) obtaining or accessing any Customer Data from or about a given Customer and (ii) obtaining prior written consent from your Customers as set forth in the Terms of Services at http://weav.co/terms-of-service.
- Non-personal data that does not directly or indirectly reveal your or your Customer’s identity or directly relate to an identified individual, such as Aggregated Analyses or deidentified information. Aggregated Analyses or deidentified information does not directly identify a specific person, but we may derive non-personal statistical or aggregated data from personal data. For example, we may aggregate personal data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific Site feature.
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, or operating system and platform.
- Non-personal details about your Site or Services interactions, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URLs), clickstream to and from our Site or Services (including date and time), products and services you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, or any phone number used to call our customer service number.
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions. You may give us information about you by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you create an account, subscribe to our Services, search on the Site, place an Order, and when you report a problem with our Site or Services.
- Customer Data. We may receive from you (or from your Customers or from their E-Commerce Platform accounts), your Customer’s information and Customer Data for the purpose providing Services on your behalf. Although you may set certain privacy settings for Authorized Users by logging into your account profile, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of any Site or Services users with whom you choose to share Customers Data. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that unauthorized persons will not view your information and Customer Data.
- Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our Site or Services, we may automatically collect technical data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns as specified above. We collect this information by using cookies, server logs, and other similar technologies (see Cookies and Automatic Data Collection Technologies).
- Third parties. We may receive information about you if you visit other websites employing our cookies or from third parties including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies, or aggregators.
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store your preferences so we may customize our Site according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Site.
Weav does not track its users over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore does no respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. However, some third party websites do keep track of you browsing activities when they serve you content, which enables them to tailor what they present to you.
You may refuse to accept browser cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your browser. However, if you select this setting, certain parts of our Site may become inaccessible and certain features may not work correctly.
Our Site pages and e-mails may contain web beacons (small transparent embedded images or objects, also known as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count website page visitors or to compile other similar statistics such as recording Website content popularity or verifying system and server integrity.
We do not control how these third party tracking technologies operate or how they may use the collected data. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Your Personal Data Use Choices.
We use your personal data or Customer Data to provide Services, communicate, or, to conduct other business operations, such as using data to improve and personalize your or your Customer’s experiences. Examples of how we may use the personal data we collect include to:
- Present our Site and provide you and your Customer with the information regarding the Services or support services.
- Meet our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts with you, including for billing or collections, or comply with legal requirements.
- Fulfil the purposes for which you provided the data or that were described when it was collected.
- Notify you about changes to our Site or Services.
- Enhance and improve how we present our Site and Services for you and your Customers and for your computer.
- Administer our Site or Services and conduct internal operations, including for troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical, and survey purposes.
- Improve our Site, Services, or customer relationships and experiences.
- Enable your participation in our Site's interactive or other similar features.
- Protect our Site, employees, or operations.
- We may use non-personal data for any business purpose.
- Comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
We do not sell your personal data. However, with each Customer’s consent we will share such Customer’s Customer Data with you in order to provide the Services, and with your consent, we may share your personal data and Customer Data with:
- Business partners, suppliers, service providers, sub-contractors, and other third parties (i.e., Stripe, Shopify or PayPal) we use to support our business (such as hosting and cloud service providers, analytics and search engine providers, and similar service providers that assist us with Site and Services operation, maintenance, improvement and optimization). We contractually require these third parties to keep that personal data confidential and use it only for the contracted purposes.
- To fulfil the purpose for which you provide it. For example, you may give us an email address to send a message to your Customer through our Platform.
- With your consent.
- We may also disclose your personal data to third parties:
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, where one of the transferred assets is the personal data we hold.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our Terms of Services at http://weav.co/terms-of-service and other agreements.
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of our business, our employees, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of cybersecurity, fraud protection, and credit risk reduction.We may share non-personal data without restriction.
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit https://oag.ca.gov/privacy/ccpa.
We may process, store, and transfer the personal data we collect, in and to a country outside your own, with different privacy laws that may or may not be as comprehensive as your own.
By submitting your personal data or engaging with our Sites, you consent to this transfer, storing, or processing.
We share your personal data within our company. This may involve transferring your data outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Many of our external third parties are based outside the EEA so their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA. Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring where we use certain service providers that comply with the Standard Contract Clauses for the transfer of personal data to third countries.
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our or you partner networks or include plug-ins enabling third party features. If you follow a link to any third party website or engage a third party plug-in, please note that these third parties have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these third parties.
You have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data.
- Request correction of your personal data.
- Request erasure of your personal data.
- Object to processing of your personal data.Request restriction of processing your personal data.
- Request transfer of your personal data.
- Right to withdraw consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us by email at email@example.com or telephone at (415) 800-4179 and address you request to the Privacy Representative.
We cannot delete your personal data except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change or delete information if we believe the change or deletion would violate any law or legal requirement or negatively affect the information's accuracy.
The security of your personal data is very important to us. We use technical, physical, and administrative safeguards designed to protect your personal data from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, use, alteration, or disclosure. We store all personal data you provide to us behind firewalls on servers, data encryption and physical access controls at our data centers.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Site or Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted to or from our Site or Services. Any transmission of personal data is at your own risk. We are not responsible for the circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site or Services.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
We do not direct our Site to minors and we do not knowingly collect personal data from children under 16 or as defined by local legal requirements. If we learn we have mistakenly or unintentionally collected or received personal data from a child without appropriate consent, we will delete it. If you believe we mistakenly or unintentionally collected any information from or about a child, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please address questions, comments, and requests regarding this Policy and our privacy practices by contacting us at email@example.com or (415) 800-4179. Please direct your communication to our privacy representative. Our corporate headquarters are located at 245 8th Avenue, New York, NY 10011.